Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Job Title: Feedback Desk Assistant
Job Ref Code: FDT12320
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Position Band: 3
Reports To: Feedback Desk Officer
- The role of the Feedback Desk Assistant is to ensure that all the calls, messages and in person visitors related to feedback are timely and formally attended to, logged and reported.
- The position will assist the Program Managers by providing necessary information and reports on feedback received and action taken.
- The position will keep proper notes, records and use predefined templates as provided by MEAL unit for the purpose.
- Serve as custodian of the feedback hotline and email.
- Maintain proper and accurate records and log sheets.
- Strictly adhere to the standard operating procedures for handling sensitive and non-sensitive feedback and complaints.
- Submit records and log sheets regularly and on time.
- Assist Project / program management in communications with complainant/feedback providers on follow-up, further inquiries and responses in the relevant local languages.
- Regularly follow-up with programs on the actioning and resolution of feedback and complaints and ensure that the feedback loop is closed.
- Lead documentation process for incoming and outgoing calls / SMS through hotline and support formalities required for billing process.
- Manage a central database to consolidate records and log-sheets on feedback and complaints received from the field in a timely and regular manner.
- Provide all technical support to the project accountably focal points relating to the receipt and actioning of feedback and / or the response to feedback provider.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Country Representative; MEAL Coordinator; Emergency MEAL Coordinator; Accountability Staff and Accountability Focal Points; Operations and Program staff
- External: Partners, Vendors, Community, Visitors.
- First Degree / Higher National Diploma in Social or Management Sciences
- Minimum two years professional experience in secretarial services
- Language requirement: English, Hausa, Kanuri and Fulfulde
- Prior experience with international, bilateral or multilateral organizations preferred
- Strong administrative experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, must be able to interact in a mature, professional and friendly manner with local and international colleagues of differing religious and cultural backgrounds
- Familiarity with Excel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently and under pressure
- Warm and amiable personality
- An orientation towards customer service
- Demonstrated commitment to gender-responsive and safe/dignified programming
- Understanding of NGOs’ and other entities responsibility to protect beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse
Agency Wide Competences (For all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating "Position" being applied for and the "Job Ref Code" as the subject of the application to email below
Click here to Download Application Form (Drop-box)
Click Here for Job Details (PDF)
Important Information / Notice
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics. Statement of Commitment to Protection:‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’.