Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Administration Officer
Length of contract: 2 years
Role Type: National
Travel involved: In-country
Child safeguarding level: Non focal person
Reporting to: Zonal Project Manager
Direct reports: Drivers and Security Guards
Indirect reports: None
- To provide administrative, personnel and logistics support in the project offices in the zone.
Scope of work
- The Field Administration officer will be actively responsible for maintaining an effective and efficient workflow of the office through enforcing administrative procedures to the office operating system and equipment.
- S/he will be directly responsible for the provision of administrative, personnel and logistics support in the office.
- S/he is accountable to the zonal project manager.
Key working relationships
- The Field Administration Officer will be a member of the project implementation team and report to the zonal project manager and other project staff in delivering project work plan.
Manage and performs all administrative support in the office (40%):
- Ensures all staff adhere to the office policies and general office procedure
- Develops and maintains an effective maintenance procedure for the proper functioning of all IT equipment and computer networks in the office
- Ensures proper management and maintenance of assets including office building, vehicles, equipment, etc.
- Manages the filing system and storage of all administrative documents
- Liaise with the Project Officers in coordinating meetings, workshops, seminars, travel arrangements and/or events
- Liaises with National Office on administrative issues
- Carry out other duties as assigned
Provides personnel services support in the office (10%):
- Implements personnel policies and procedures
- Provides support and coordinates personnel and related staff matters
- Maintains employee files and records for administrative use
- Assists in compiling annual leave roster and submit to National Office
Provides Operational and logistic support to the office (50%):
- Develops and maintains strong and effective relationships with service providers including hotels, care hire services, travel agencies, immigrations, etc. for project activities
- Carries out timely booking of venues for seminars, conferences, workshops and other project activities
- Sourcing of appropriate venues for seminars, conferences, workshops and other project activities
- Ensures timely picking of consultants, visiting staff, and other stakeholders
- Ensures project receives value for money for all procurements at all times
- Manage the driver and project vehicle
- Providing support on need basis to Malaria Consortium projects on filing, documentation and other related issues