Vesselnet Integrated Services Limited is a leading player in the off-grid solar market, independent telecommunication and information service provision in Nigeria and across Africa. Established in 2007, we are at the forefront of the provision of services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), vendors and operators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Engineer
- We are looking for an experienced and passionate Field Engineer to join our operations team As a Field Engineer at our company, you will be responsible for maintenance and installation of Telecoms equipment
- Responsible for all administrative functions of project-related assignments including overall planning, tracking and documentation from the project proposal phase to the project closeout.
- Perform any necessary diagnoses, technical troubleshooting, servicing, repair of systems and equipment at customer site.
- Implement the delivery, monitoring, administrative and general targets and tasks set by the project managers and ensure overall effective
- Assist Technical Engineers to provide on-site support
- Serve as the company's liaison officer with customers and the Technical Support Centre on any support case.
- Provide all aspects post-sales field support such as system hardware, software, desktop support, networks, etc.
- Create documentation and post-mortem analyses of escalations.
- Coordinate with the customer helpdesk team or other support group to provide onsite engineering support to end users on IT network (e.g. Email AND Virus Issues, Laptop, PCs, Printers, Wire or wireless network Connectivity issue).
- Provide onsite database backup activity dally.
- Perform routine O & M procedures as prescribed for power, Transmission and BTS Radio networks
- React to emergency faults and ensure all faults are rectified promptly within contracted SLA.
- Swiftly diagnose and clear any faults or alarms assigned by trouble ticket or ensure escalation within time period stipulated in SLAs to correct parties if unable to fix. To close or forward all trouble tickets promptly.
- Implement software changes as directed with change requests.
- Ensure maintenance work undertaken by contractors meets standard specifications
- Maintain a comprehensive set of records of all transmission links, BTS sites, power equipment and spares for all sites within designated area.
- Ensure all security and network Integrity documentation is completely adhered to
- Liaise with diesel contractors to ensure on scheduled supply of diesel to sites within purview.