Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Finance Officer
Length of Contract: 3 years
Role Type: National
Reporting to: State Coordinator
- The state Field Finance Officer will provide a full accounting function in maintaining financial records of all transactions in accordance with Malaria Consortium’s financial policies and procedures to the respective state offices.
Scope of Work:
- The State Field Finance Officer will be responsible for the accurate and timely posting of all invoices approved, petty cash management and banking, filing of field office monthly financial information inclusive of payment vouchers and procurement.
- The State finance Officer handles all cash receipts and payments as well as advising the Project Manager and Financial Accountant on any concerns about financial issues and sharing suggested solutions.
Key Working Relationships:
- The State Field finance Officer will be based in a state and will report to the state coordinator while interacting directly with other staff including the supply chain / admin officer, M&E officer and other staff in the field office.
- Indirectly they report to the Financial Accountant based in Abuja.
Key Accountabilities (percent of time spent on each area)
Financial transactions (60%):
- Receives all invoices from suppliers and prepares the Invoice authorisation forms.
- Reviews and post all invoices onto the purchase ledger, ensuring the accuracy of codes, complete support documentation and necessary approval from the authorised personnel as per the authorised signatory list (ASL).
- Prepare monthly reports to the state coordinator as set on monthly finance timetable which comprises the following:
- Bank reconciliation statement including copy of bank statement
- Aged list of outstanding Advances and Other ledger balances
- Fixed asset register update and Spot Check reports
- Authorised Petty Cash Count Certificate and reconciliations
- Monthly timesheet update
- End of Month Checklist
- Advise the state coordinator and Financial Accountant on any concerns on financial matters and share suggested solutions.
- In charge of archiving and filling all finance documents and ensuring that they are in safe custody and easily accessible by the finance team and auditors.
- Follow up on the stock balance of pre-printed financial documents (forms, vouchers, receipts etc.) and make a timely replacement order before stock outs occur.
Payment Processing (30%):
- Prepare all payments either cash, cheque or bank transfers and obtains approval from the authorised personnel.
- Scrutinise all payment requests, including advances for travel and activities that these are in accordance with Malaria Consortium policies and procedures.
- Issue all travel and activity advances to staff and consultants.
- Check all advances are settled with the set timeframes as per the finance policy, bringing any late settlements or concerns to the attention of the state coordinator.
- Post payments onto PS Financials ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
Petty Cash (10%):
- Keep the petty cash impress system and records, making payments as approved by the authorised personnel.
- Take collections and issue proper receipts, making the deposit of all cash collections in a timely manner.
- Count Petty Cash at least on a monthly basis with the supply chain / Admin Officer.
- Post all petty cash invoices and vouchers into the general ledger with accurate codes and on a timely basis.