Onstream Group - With over 35 years of international experience within the Oil & Gas Industry and Industrial markets, The Onstream Group has strategically aligned itself with its business partners & affiliates to provide cost-effective and operational efficient solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Medic Offshore (Expat)
Location: Offshore, Nigeria
- Routine care consisting in:
- Carrying out routine nursing care and procedures;
- Carrying out consultations, drugs’ delivery and minor procedures within his competence under supervision and support of “Head Emergency & Field support” and CMO;
- Handling medical equipment and pharmacy in the sick bay (equipment maintenance follow-up, stock management for drugs), paying special attention to emergency preparedness.
- Emergency care consisting in:
- Carrying out 24/7 immediate initial assessment and stabilization upon arrival of any patient with critical condition;
- Immediate reporting to “Head Emergency & Field support”/CMO and initiation of the Medevac/Medrescue process in accordance with the CLIENT Medical Evacuation Plan (PLN-HSE/GEN-M09-54);
- Conducting with HSE Advisor the weekly hygiene visit in accordance with Company rule;
- Conducting Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) procedure with the Camp Boss; o Ensuring that food samples are systematically collected; o Carrying out regular and random inspections of catering and food chain; o Checking water quality through regular samplings;
- Providing hygiene education for all Catering personnel and checking personal hygiene;
- Ensuring that all catering personnel have valid medical certificate; - Supervising pest control in catering and accommodation areas,
- Induction of all new personnel on board upon their arrival:
- Opening of a personal medical folder (medical history, chronic condition and regular treatment…) o Checking validity of the AMC and recording the Fitness Certificate;
- Raising awareness on hygiene, pest control and prevention of infectious diseases including malaria.
- Providing the OIM and the CMO with the monthly activity report and yearly statistics according established templates;
- Keeping up-to-date medical activity records;
- Alerting immediately the OIM, the “Head Emergency & Field support”/CMO of any epidemiologic event (contagious diseases, food poisoning…)
- Attending HSE meetings