DHL, people mean the world to us. That's why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
Under the DHL Supply Chain umbrella, one of the business units of DHL, we provide customized logistics and industry solutions in the areas of supply chain management, warehousing, distribution, value added services, and lead logistics provider services for our customers - helping them deliver better results everyday.
Job Title: Field Sales Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
Job Field: Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Reporting relationships: This position reports in a direct line to the Head of Sales
Overall Job Purpose
- Wins, retains and develops medium-sized Business Customers as well as MNC’s and CSI Customers;
- Plans and manages medium-sized Business Customers, MNC’s and CSI Customers; Gathers customer and market information to update Product and Trade Lane Management on current conditions
Main Tasks / Key Responsibilities
include but not limited to the following:
- Seeks and prospects for MBC targets to win new customers generally in the 30k – 500k range Net Sales per annum
- Plans and manages medium-sized Business Customers, MNC’s and CSI Customers
- Builds rapport and trust with customers by being informed about customer’s business and the market
- Assesses the type and size of customer needs
- Recommends solutions based on customer needs by using industry knowledge for the customer
- Supports customer retention by conducting joints visits with Product, TL and organizing workshops inviting customers to share information on updated regulations, products, etc.
- Uses networks within the various Sales channels within DP DHL to collaborate on customers, Marketing strategies and offers a full supply chain of services to service customer needs
- Collects relevant customer information for the RFI/RFP/RFQ and prepares documents for Customer implementation in order to ensure proper operational handover and implementation to meet customer expectations (SLA's & SOP's)
- Completely uses DGF iSELL
- Transfers SC with high value potential to key account Sales channel and opportunities with lower value to