Conventional milk cartons are an unbreakable improvement over glass milk bottles, but the introduction of the Tetra Pak aseptic beverage container in the late 1950's was revolutionary for the food and beverage industries. Tetra Pak -- which takes its name from the original tetrahedron-shaped cartons it developed -- manufactures and markets food packaging containers, filling systems, and distribution equipment for industrial customers in more than 170 countries. Its coated-paperboard boxes are used to hold dry, wet, cold, and shelf-stable foods and beverages. The privately-owned company is the largest subsidiary of holding company Tetra Laval International.
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
The Processing Field Service Engineer delivers high quality services and customer support by providing automation solutions, programming assistance, training and troubleshooting services on Tetra Pak Processing Equipment in the Food, Dairy, Ice Cream and Cheese industries.
Tetra Pak provides learning opportunities in technical areas as well as service and sales career growth. This position provides a strong foundation and continuing career opportunities for many positions within the company including Automation Engineer, Technical Sales Engineer, Project Engineer, Cluster Specialist, and Upgrades Specialist.
To be successful in the FSE role, one must have an understanding of both application and system functionality.
- Provide technical assistance for installation, commissioning, start up and production supervision of new food processing equipment.
- Establish and maintain a continuous positive relationship with customers including support and follow-up on customers’ concerns and issues.
- Carry out planned and breakdown maintenance service on processing machines both locally and abroad (automation, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, ...)
- Troubleshoot and solve technical malfunctions and breakdowns. Conduct basic root cause analysis of problem, to ensure rapid resolution and/or escalation to appropriate stakeholders.
- Identify and take action on system performance issues, implementing operational improvements that are identified and approved.
- Audit customer equipment and recommend corrective measures such as replacement of worn out parts.
- Carry out basic training courses on customer’s equipment, coaching customer’s employees regarding technical aspects related with the Tetra Pak equipment.