Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are seeking a professional with 3-5 years of strong, relevant work experience and a demonstrated long-term passion for development work.
In order to maintain One Acre Fund's ambitious growth trajectory, the New Country Expansion team has identified Nigeria as a critical country to expand to, and we have begun our pilot program in Minna, Niger State.
In 2019, the Nigeria pilot program expanded to serve +500 farmers, with an emphasis on learning what our customers want and how to provide it sustainably. As the Field Specialist, you will support the team responsible for daily interactions with our farmers while exploring how to grow the program from 500 to 10,000 farmers over the next two years. The Nigerian field team executes all field‐facing communication and operations of the program, including overseeing all required content, tools and goals weekly. The team is essential to Nigeria’s program and plays a major role in shaping the nature of the Nigeria's pilot long-term. The Field Specialist reports to the Nigeria Field Operations Associate and managers two Field Managers and 10-14 Field Officers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- You will support the Field Operations team throughout the annual cycles of sales, deliveries, extension services, and loan collection, while exploring and testing ways to increase the number of clients each team member can support.
- You will support an expansion strategy, exploring program-fit in new areas of Niger State and other states in Nigeria, while engaging local leadership and farmers alike to partner with us.
- You will support efforts to integrate new technology into the daily work of the Field Team to increase their capacity to manage new and recurring customer needs.
Transformation and Staff Development
- You will monitor data collection and goals for the Field team, to ensure excellent execution and inform skill-building and capacity development.
- You will help organize weekly office-based and field-based meetings for the Field team, setting and monitoring goals, leading trainings, and building team unity.
- You will lead the Field Officer training program, from hiring and onboarding to salesmanship, agricultural support, and customer satisfaction.
- With the Field Associate, you will lead a team of twelve to fifteen full-time staff, with the chance to grow the team threefold over the next two years.
- You will invest in the skill-building of the Field Team staff- salesmanship, agricultural knowledge, and pedagogical capabilities- to drastically increase their ability to connect with, educate, and serve farmers.
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
PREFERRED START DATE: As soon as possible
JOB LOCATION: Minna, Nigeria
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
DURATION: Full-time job
BENEFITS : Health insurance, paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Nigeria