Helen Keller International (HKI) - Established in 1915, Helen Keller International (HKI) works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged persons. We combat the cause and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 22 countries in Africa (including Nigeria), Asia as well as in the United States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
Locations: Adamawa and Katsina
Slots: 2 - 1 Per State
Reports To: NTDs Coordinator
- The Finance and Admin Officer’s (FAO) job is to ensure smooth and accurate flow of financial and operational information and work on designing and implementing financial reports
- The FAO ensures effective implementation of project activities in the field location within the context of financial, contractual and operating systems
- He/ she also manages the budget for the state field office/project, develops and implements HKI financial policies and procedures, ensure compliance and works collaboratively with other Finance and projects technical staff to facilitate projects.
- The Finance and Admin Officer will oversee the operations and finances of the state office.
- Review activity requests and prepare bank vouchers for payments
- Track cash flow and compile retirement receipts and review
- Enter payments and retirements into financial accounting software on daily basis using Quick-Book
- Reconcile all bank account monthly against bank statement and submit to FM for review
- Manages petty cash reconciliation
- Preparation and management of office running budget
- Check matching expenses for compliance with donor regulations.
- Monitor donor budget and prepare all necessary donor reports and submit to Head of Finance and Operations for review and approval.
- Assist with month end reporting package
- Ensure implementation of regulations and procedures for local purchase, procurement and logistics management in collaboration with Logistics Officer(s).
- Maintain rigorous operations in the field office, communicating regularly with the Abuja office to assure smooth operations.
- Assist technical staff to develop and manage monthly and quarterly activity budgets.
- Implement financial and internal control policies and procedures
- Process supplier invoices
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into HKI Quick books
- Maintain financial files and records
- Maintain the assets register
- Submit staff time sheets for payroll processing.