The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Archivist - WC Cluster
Duration: 9 months
Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: To be determined
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC or “the Federation”) is the World’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network
- The Federation is a membership organization established by and comprised of its member National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. Along with National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the Federation is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- The overall aim of the IFRC is” to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” It works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises
- The Federation is served by a Secretariat based in Geneva, with regional and country offices throughout the world. The Secretariat is led by the IFRC Secretary General and provides the central capacity of the International Federation to serve, connect, and represent National Societies
- The Secretariat’s focus includes providing support to the IFRC governance mechanisms; setting norms and standards; providing guidance; ensuring consistency; coordination and accountability for performance; knowledge sharing; promoting collaboration within and respect for the RCRC Movement; and expanding engagement with partners
- The Secretariat’s headquarters is organized in three main business groups:
- Partnerships, including Movement and Membership;
- Programs and Operations; and
- The Secretariat has five regional office, as follows: Americas (Panama City); Africa (Nairobi); Asia/Pacific (Kuala Lumpur); Europe (Budapest); Middle East and North Africa (Beirut)
- The Abuja based office is the hub to support West Coast Cluster and has a status agreement with Nigerian government. The position is located in the Finance and Administration Unit.
- Reporting to the Finance Officer, the Finance and Administration Archivist will provide support on administrative services for the archiving of the documents and ensure an efficient and effective filing system of the Finance and Admin Department in Abuja office.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
Internal Control and Risk Management:
- Ensure up to date, efficient and effective filing of all financial and administration documents.
- Compile and prepare the finance and administration documents for all ongoing month end closure documents.
- Ensure that after month end all documents are in order and timeously sent to the Dakar Regional office on a monthly basis.
- Check and ensure completeness, correctness and validity of all the CODA documents on file.
- Ensure that no finance documents are misplaced and removed from the IFRC Finance files. Maintain a tracking system for all the financial documents within finance department.
- Prepare the monthly CODA documents list checklist
- Assist in the payment process to ensure that documents coming into finance for payments (cash and bank payments) are in good order and in respect of the IFRC procedures before the Finance Assistant proceeds with the payments.
- Assist in the communication and enforcement of all financial and administration policies and procedures