RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach - one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
- RTI International is currently accepting applications for the position of Finance and Administration Specialist 3.
- The Finance and Administration Officer will support the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Services (E-WASH) Project and be responsible for supporting financial, administration, logistics and procurement of project.
- S/he will support the achievement of project goals in a manner constant with financial principles and maintain functions such as general accounting, financial tasks, and accounting records.
- S/he will collaborate closely with the Human Resources, Procurement, Logistics, and Finance Manager to provide support and assistance as needed.
- S/he will coordinate office space for visiting RTI Staff/consultants.
- S/he is responsible for overseeing daily office cleaning and maintaining office supply stocks.
- S/he will word process general correspondence, answer phone calls and perform other administrative duties as needed.
Area 1 - Office Administration:
- Maintain appointment diary either manually or electronically
- Keep and maintain the reception area
- Receive and distribute messages from telephone/email as appropriate, taking clear messages and passing these promptly to the appropriate member of the team using judgment of urgency
- Provide reception duties on behalf of the team, which involves face-to-face contact for visitors in a responsive and courteous manner
- Respond to queries promptly and in a friendly manner
- Collaborate with Managers to ensure systems are in place to support administrative functions of the project Office
Area 2 - Administrative Systems:
- Provide support for implementation of all Administrative Systems.
- Daily Register: Maintain Daily Sign-In and Sign-Out Register for all project Staff
- Transportation System: Collect and file driver logs, driver comment forms, and vehicle maintenance forms; Provide and file the Daily log sheets to the drivers on a monthly basis
- Accommodation System: receive invoices and revise with the travel requests.
- Documentation and Filing System: Maintain hard and soft Filing System to manage in-coming and out-going Faxes and E-mails to maintain accurate and updated subject files for correspondence; maintain a data base of project Contacts and revise as needed.
- Receive and record incoming deliveries of equipment, handing out free documentation, sending and receiving fax messages
- Catalog and maintain library of technical resources, i.e., manuals, textbooks, story books, etc.
- Provide support for administration needs
- Manage transportation needs for field trips as required
Task 3 - Financial Tasks:
- Maintains General Ledger: journal entries, coding invoices, accounts analysis and reconciliation, closing books monthly, and setting up new accounts
- Prepares Monthly Cash Projections in collaboration with Finance manager
- Performs day-to-day implementation of all accounting transactions to meet the office operational expenses and technical requirements
- Performs Accounts Payable, i.e., verifying all invoices for payment and ensure expenditures are charged to appropriate codes
- Closes all books each month and forward documents to Finance and HR Manager for review and advances
- Supports review of Monthly Bank Statements, verify deposits, handle discrepancies and problems
- Supports preparation of Monthly Financial Statements, i.e., Monthly Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Report on Budget Variance
- Supports the design and implementation of Finance Controls as needed
- Supports revision of fixed assets and all other financial documents as needed
- Assist outside auditors at year end including preparation of schedule and invoices; and explain support materials and procedures.