Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- Supports the preparation of financial statements and maintenance of cash controls.
- Works within the financial procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in compliance with all national acts and legislation.
- The Finance Assistant supports the Finance Officer with reports for senior management in-country.
- Support the Finance Officer to Ensure weekly cash forecast/requirements are compiled for all departments and shared with Head of Base
- Support the Finance Officer to Follow up with the bank on receipt of funds from Country Office.
- Ensure adequate Petty cash is kept in office to cater small-time expenditures as per the Finance procedures.
- Follow up with the staff and ensure the cash advances are settled within two weeks.
- Reconcile various pending advances in the ledger and ensure proper and timely settlement and reports to be submitted to HoB/HoFA
- Conduct weekly cash counts for office and submit the cash count sheets to HoB/HoFA.
- Prepare monthly cash counts for office on the last working day of the month and submit to HoB/HoFA
- Support the Finance Officer to update commitment cash book in coordination with Administration, Procurement/Logistics departments, bi-weekly to ensure all Finance obligations are entered in the cash book.
- Support the Finance Officer to prepare cash book for office as per the Finance calendar
- Ensure payment documents are scanned and sent to Country Office
- Support the Finance Officer to ensure that statutory deductions are paid to relevant authorities on time to avoid any penalties.
- Support the Finance Officer in liaison with the Logistics department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
- Serve as a technical resource person for the Finance department.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports as required by HoB/HoFA/management as and when required.
- Assist in budget preparation at field level.
- Report to the HoB any irregularities that occur within the DRC office, staff compound and sites on DRC policy and procedures.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director/HoFA/RO and HQ.
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.