The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.To drive quality, comprehensive health services and to engender global best practices to reduce the burden of pediatric and adolescent HIV, tuberculosis and malaria, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant (USAID Nigeria TB LON)
Immediate Supervisor: Finance Officer
- The Finance Assistant (USAID Nigeria TB LON) will assist in management of Accounts payable and receivable functions such as preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions, journal vouchers, bank reconciliation statements, and entering financial records in the organization’s accounting software.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Officer, S/he will provide direct support to the program implementation team and operations on the general management of USAID Nigeria TB LON Grant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining financial records in Sage 300
- Administration of payments (Preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions, etc.)
- Maintenance of cash books
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Preparation and capturing of monthly journal vouchers for the reports of Sub Recipients and other implementing partners
- Custody of cheques books, vouchers/support documents and transfer instructions to bank(s)
- Proper filling (& custodian) of retirements and support documents of treatment centres & laboratories and other implementing partners on a monthly basis
- Remittance of WHT and other statutory deductions on a monthly basis