In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Position: Finance/Cash Transfer Officers (3 slots)
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Location: Damaturu, Maiduguri and Yola
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
Finance/Cash Transfer Officer will support in the day to day implementation of the Cash Transfer program, ensuring that the Project achieves its goals and objectives and in compliance to the Donor standards.
- Ensure the proper implementation and reporting of the Cash based Program Activities by supervising the Cash for Work teams and ensure that all activities are carried out and reported in an effective, efficient and transparent matter.
- Plan and organize the Cash distributions to the registered beneficiaries in the project communities and ensure effective community and stakeholder coordination in the implementation of the Cash transfer program.
- Ensure effective communication of project objectives and activities to both beneficiary communities and relevant stakeholders such as local authority and community leadership.
- Assist in sensitization of local government structures, communities and traditional authorities on the on targeting criteria and identification and registration of the beneficiaries.
- Help oversee delivery of regular cash transfers and helping ensure the resolution of any problems.
- Actively participate in relevant field assessments to identify the beneficiaries’ needs and viable business opportunities, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis of children’s needs.
- Organize the training of the cash beneficiaries on the identified needs
- Compile and submit regular project reports and updates
- Facilitate the provision of livelihoods kits for agricultural or income generating activities in order to enable the ability to start-up businesses that will strengthen the households economically and enable them retain their children in school beyond the lifespan of the project.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.