ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes to eradicate injustice and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of: Finance Consultant
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Responsible to: Finance Manager (Partnership Fund)
Duration: 6 months contract
- The Finance Consultant will contribute to maintaining adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers.
- S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of AAN and partner organizations.
- Support partners and AA Nigeria in budget/forecast preparation and Implementation in line with donor requirements.
- Ensure timely release of funds to partner organizations
- Follow up to receive quarterly/bi-annual reports from partner organizations (local NGO/CBO/FBO), review of same and communicating feedback.
- Ensure timely retirement of staff advances for project activities.
- Monthly reconciliation of project expenditure and input to management accounts on cost incurred specifically for projects handled based on the various cost classifications.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of ledger balances.
- Support AAN periodic financial process and obligations
- Posting/input of transactions using SUN/VISION accounting package.
- Ensure proper documentation of all financial documents related to relevant projects.
- Prepare and submit timely financial report to donor agencies and other stakeholders.
- Ensure timely timesheet and other donor documentation requirement are complied with
- Support periodic internal and annual external audit process.
- Implement audit recommendations in relation to the relevant projects.
- Any other tasks assigned by line manager