Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH is recruiting for
Job Title: Finance Intern I
Job ID: 13-11010
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group Project/Program A607 - Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Accountant
The Finance Intern will assist in providing Finance support and coordinating programmatic information for the Global Fund Malaria project activities. She or he will assist the Finance team for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency. The Intern would be aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Process payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field
- Maintain accounting files
- Support logistic for travels and activities
- Track and following up on outstanding advances and ensure timely reconciliation.
- Daily filling of vouchers
- Assist in gathering /photocopying of documentations for monthly payment of volunteers
- Assist in providing support during seminars, workshops, etc.
- Assist in ensuring routine servicing of equipment as and when due and keeping maintenance log
- Assist in periodic verification of physical inventory
- He/She also support services such as spiral binding and photocopying
- Ensure the office facility is properly maintained for good work environment
- Any other financial duties as assigned by the supervisor