GDM Group strives to achieve through her combined operations of her equity member companies and her adjunct consultants of over 400 years combined commercial experience. We offer from one off sales of marketing project to end to end management off commercial projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
- To provide accurate, timely and meaningful financial and management information that enables the business make effective decisions regarding the execution of strategic and operational objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential duties/key job roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage third-party financial service providers e.g. Auditors and Accountants.
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Prepare the management accounts, and seek to implement a best practice approach for financial accounting controls.
- Contribute towards, and implement the necessary controls to protect the organization’s assets and prevent any potential areas of fraud.
- Assist the business with the preparation of the detailed annual budget and forecasts.
- Responsible for collating inputs, preparing, obtaining approval and funding for weekly budgets. Manages budget disbursement and reconciliation.
- Support business continuity through timely funding of approved requests.
- Ensure reports meet with regulations of state and federal laws.
- Ensure remittance of all statutory payments within agreed timeline.
- Manage new and existing regulatory requirements where appropriate and incorporate them into the financial and management accounts.
- Responsible for all of the outputs of the payroll function with a view to putting in place the necessary controls and checks that ensures all employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Management, development and performance evaluation of all members of the Finance Team.
- Manage receivables and other Finance related Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with customers; including weekly updates on customer accounts.
- Manage and archive financial records / documentation e.g. invoices, purchase orders, financial reports, et cetera.
- Identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational improvement. As appropriate, based on findings make proposal for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, et cetera).
- Ensures all accounts are correct & up-to-date on the ERP
- Ensures periodic/ annual audit of accounts as per schedule & VAT audit
- Ensures 100% statutory compliance: VAT, WHT and appropriate posting
- Checking/ comparison/ reconciliation of cost data and flag deviation(s) where it exist at the earliest possible time.
- Compilation of budget in alignment with marketing, sales & operations
Below are key output measurable expected of the Finance Manager:
- Management Accounts - i.e. Monthly P&L, Cash flow (monthly and weekly) and Balance Sheet (Statement of Financial Position).
- Budgets and forecasts - Annual and weekly.
- Statutory payments.
- Financial record database.
- Weekly customer and supplier account.
- Invoices, invoice trackers and invoice reports.