In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Position: Finance Manager
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Location: Maiduguri or Yola
Supervisor: Report AUN Finance Director
The Finance Manager will Provide overall management of the financial of the project. H/she will work to create a finance division that is conducive to and facilitates the accomplishment of the goals and objectives of the project.
- Review financial documents to ensure proper allocation before submission to the PD, AGC and/or Finance Director.
- Submit timely requisitions of funds to Yola Head Office to ensure uninterrupted flow of funds to implement programme activities.
- Provide advice in the preparation of technical programme budgets and ensure that tracking of programme expenses takes place accordingly.
- Assist the PD in the preparation of monthly and ad hoc financial, budget or accounting reports.
- Oversees closing of the monthly accounts and ensure timely submission to Yola Head office and/or Donor.
- Review the State Offices’ monthly accounts before processing them on Accounting software used.
- Approve all Petty Cash vouchers for processing.
- Ensuring cost-effectiveness, efficiency and accountability throughout the life of the project;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the