The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria - An International Development Organization is seeking to engage qualified nationals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Locations: Abuja, Adamawa, Borno, Yobe
- The Finance Officer is responsible for providing effective financial support to the project assuring compliance with internationally recognized finance policies and procedures.
- The scope of the position includes but is not limited to assisting with entering local transactions in accounting software, running monthly reports, processing travel advances, processing payroll, reviewing expense reports, monitoring receivables and payables, ensuring compliance with Nigerian and international finance regulations, ensuring adequate cash balances to cover project activities and processing wire transfer requests.
- This position will be based in Abuja, Adamawa, Borno, Yobe State, respectively. Limited travel may be required.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Finance Officer is supervised by the Program Manager in Adamawa, Borno, Yobe State, respectively and reports to the Finance Manager based in Abuja.
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Apply internationally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analysing financial information and prepare accurate and timely financial reports.
- Ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Monitor cash balances, prepare advance account reconciliations and bank reconciliations.
- Review local expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with internationally accepted financial practices before reimbursement.
- Coordinate with program and administrative staff to ensure transactions are properly coded.
- Maintain a good system of records.
- Prepare wire transfer requests, if any.
- Coordinate with the bank for information regarding balance account, bank statements, exchange rates, etc.
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure compliance with internationally accepted financial practices and procedures.
- Prepare financial reports, as required.
- Communicate information in a way that demonstrates a basic understanding of development assistance work, project culture, values, and practices.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.