The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Department: Atiku Center - Finance
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Duration: Twenty-Two (22) Months
Building Resilience Through Sustainable Agriculture Phase 2 Project:
- In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates for the project funded by European Union and German Government through GIZ (Journey to Self-Reliance - JSR). The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- Managing of petty cash transaction;
- Disbursing of funds to all participants during workshops;
- Handling of cash payments to all vendors/Staff
- Preparation of petty cash update and reports;
- Weekly cash reconciliation and replenishment;
- Scanning and filing financial documents into database and maintaining hard copies filling;
- Review of payment documents in relation to payment checklist;
- Keep petty cash funds in safe and provide periodic petty cash report.
- Raising of Payment Vouchers/Petty Cash Vouchers
- Day to day bank liaison and general finance and Admin duties
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.