Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for - and respond to - crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The purpose of this role is to provide timely, accurate financial information and ensure that Grants expenditures are in line with specific FAD/donor requirements. The role’s support is to the Humanitarian Programs.
Dimension Of Role
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and with partners and related government institutions.
- The post holder will contribute towards financial management of the office and programmes, interfacing with both operational and programme team members.
- The post holder will also contribute towards the organisational development of Plan Internationals implementing partners
- Budgets – Monitor the budget of the Project.
- Reporting – Support financial reporting of the Project.
- Area of Responsibility – a Project in the Borno state.
- Assist with the finance component set-up of the project in SAP.
- Support the Finance Manager – Humanitarian and Project Managers to prepare the annual finance budgets for all projects.
- Support the KP06 budget preparation and periodic upload in SAP.
Capacity Building and Support:
- Provide technical assistance in terms of accounting (use of SAP), financial management, financial policy formulation, and systems of internal control to all partners/grantees to ensure compliance in terms with donor rules and regulations.
- Support the assessments of partner/grantee organizations as directed by the Finance Coordinator and the Finance Manager-Humanitarian.
- Review partner budget and provide assistance and guidance where necessary including the monitoring and interpretation of project budgets versus actual expenditures.
- Support train staff and partners on donor policies, rules and regulations.
- Facilitate timely partner advance request and liquidation in SAP.
- Review Partners/grantee liquidation and recommend for approval.
- Conduct and document regular partner visits to ensure compliance with grant agreement.
- Ensure receipt of timely and accurate accounting and financial reports from partners.
- Monitor the partner burn rate and offer timely advice to the partner and programs team for prompt action and decision-making.
- Monitor and track finance related performance measurement indicators and liaise with Finance Coordinator to implement strategies to improve performance.
- Explain donor requirements and organizational financial policy & procedures to staff and ensure compliance.
- Prepare and review on a monthly basis, donor-specific bank reconciliation statements and receipts/deposits reconciliations.
- Support the preparation of financial reports based on donor requirements.
- Ensure proper filing (electronic and hard copy) of grants financial reports.
- Ensure that partners used the standard reporting templates and formats for their reports.
- Prepare the Projects expenditure tracker.
- Support the CO in recharging costs to the relevant Projects.
- Fulfill Plan’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy at all times.
- Ensure that filing of travel advances, per diem calculations and travel reconciliation forms are reviewed;
- Ensure that all travel and purchase advances are liquidated on time.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Finance Coordinator and/or the Finance Manager-Humanitarian.