Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefit
Job Title: Finance Officer - Nigeria IHP
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit NGO/Non-Profit
Project Overview and Role
- Nigeria Integrated Health Program is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems. It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas: family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/new born health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea. It has a strong emphasis on monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- This program will work closely with state-level government officials to support established state-level Health and Development Plans, build capacity, and promote ownership of interventions, systems, and results. Specific interventions will need to be tailored to local contexts and will be fully developed at state and Local Government Area (LGA) levels. Through agreements with individual states, the program’s potential breadth is the entire country with an emphasis on the north.
- Budget, Accounting and Financial Management
- Ensure all finances are managed in alignment with the Nigerian government regulations, company and client’s financial policies and procedures.
- Liaise with project team in Field Office and HQ to prepare, review and revise project budgets and expenditure forecasts.
- Forecast project expenditures through field office, timely submit field cash requests and manage cash flows in field office.
- Communicate and follow up with relevant suppliers, consultants, vendors, contractors and staff with regards to invoices, payments, advances or finances.
- Reconcile and review invoices for payments. Ensure necessary review, deliverables, and approvals before issuing payments. Write checks and issue payments.
- Ensure applicable tax withholding and deductions are taken care of as per the Nigerian laws and regulations.
- Maintain up to date bank and petty cash account transaction records and supporting documentations.
- Record all financial transactions in the financial templates provided by HQ, accurately and in a timely fashion. Prepare, review and submit regular field vouchers and financial reports to HQ, as required.
- Collect bank statements for the bank accounts, review cash book, and reconcile the accounts.
- Review monthly financial reports and inform/update expenditure forecast/budget on regular basis.
- Prepare financial report as necessary and provide necessary financial support to the project.
- Process for applicable tax exemptions and VAT reimbursements during or after procurements in collaboration with the Nigeria Compliance Manager.
- Assist in end of year financial audit, as required.
- Work closely with the Operations Officer for daily tasks and project management
- Grants Management Support
- Review recipients’ finance vouchers
- Process recipients’ invoices and payments.