CornerStone Staffing - Our client, a big player in the FMCG Industry, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Finance Operations Associate
- This role is responsible for the delivery of the financial and business processes and systems in line with corporate standards; the post holder will undertake specific work within Finance and contribute to improving functional efficiency.
Cash Accounting/Banking & Treasury:
- To ensure all over the counter cash is banked in line with relevant policy and parked on SAP Cash Journals.
- To ensure appropriate procedures are adhered to when cash is received and to bank all cash and other instrument within 2 days of receipt or immediately threshold of cash holding is attained.
- Ensure all relevant Cash Journals are balanced within 48 hours of banking being completed.
- Ensure all delegated banking activities are diligently carried out.
Procurement & Payables:
- Ensure all invoices are checked within 24 hours of receipt and scanned within 48 hours; thus contributing to significant reduction of Open Purchase Orders and late payment to vendors.
- Ensure that scanned invoices are backed up on the Finance shared drive.
Vendor & Customer Creation:
- Ensure documents and files for newly created vendors are properly filed and alphabetically for easy referencing
- Update the Vendor and Customer Master Database with every new creation/amendment of vendor and customer respectively.
- Ensure that all FI journal documents are filed according to their numbers and the month of posting.
- Participate in the preparation for internal audit and tax audit exercises; ensuring that all relevant files and documents are in place for smooth running of these audits.
- Ensure that Trip envelopes are properly logged in the Trip Register, backed up on the G-Drive and properly filed in the assigned shelf.
Timely provision of assistance and support to other colleagues to enable them manage their delegated finances and comply with audit standards.