Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Team Leader
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The Finance Team Leader serves as the focal person for Finance in the office at the location.
- Supports the preparation of Finance tasks and maintenance of Financial information.
- Works within the Finance procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in compliance with all national acts and legislation.
- The Finance Team Leader supports the Head of Base with reports for senior management in the country.
- Ensure weekly cash forecast/requirements are compiled for all departments and share with Head of Base by 3 pm on Fridays (no supervision required)
- Follow up with the bank on receipt of funds from Yola Office (no supervision required; Coordination with field office Finance staff and Head of Base required)
- Anticipate the cash need for Mubi and communicate to the Finance Manager at least one week before the cash in needed (no supervision required; Coordination with field office Finance staff)
- Ensure adequate Petty cash is kept in Mubi office to cater small-time expenditures as per the Finance procedures (no supervision required)
- Follow up with staff and ensure the cash advances are settled within two weeks (Coordination with field office Finance staff and Head of Base/Finance Manager required)
- Reconcile various pending advance’s in the ledger and ensure proper and timely settlement and reports to be submitted to Head of Base and Finance Manager by 10th of the following month (training by Finance Manager and Coordination with field office finance staff)
- Conduct weekly cash counts for Mubi office and submit cash count sheets by 4 pm on Fridays to Head of Base and Finance Manager (no supervision required)
- Prepare monthly cash counts for Mubi office on the last working day of the month and submit to Head of Base and Finance Manager by 4 pm on the last working day of the month. (no supervision required)
- Prepare a bank reconciliation for Mubi for accuracy and completeness and send to Finance Manager by 3rd of the following month (Coordination with field office Finance staff and Head of Base/Finance Manager required)
- Update commitment cash book in coordination with Administration, Procurement/Logistics departments, bi-weekly to ensure all Finance obligations are entered in the cash book. (Coordination with field office Finance staff, Logistic Staff and Head of Base/Finance Manager required. Supervision of Finance Manager)
- Prepare cash book for Mubi office as per the finance calendar (submission on 3rd of the following month) to Finance Manager (Training/Supervision of Finance Manager)
- Ensure payment request/documents are reviewed to ensure DRC/Donor documentation guidelines (Including checking of project code/budget line, availability of funds) are adhered, payments are finalized within three working days. (Support/Supervision of Finance Manager, Head of Procurement/Logistics and Head of Base)
- Ensure payment documents and vouchers are scanned and sent to Country Office on or before 15th of the following month (Coordination with field office Finance staff and Head of Base/Finance Manager supervision)
- Ensure that statutory deductions are paid to relevant authorities monthly to avoid any penalties. (PAYE, Pension, NHF, NSITF, WHT, and others as applicable) and report to Finance Manager and Head of Base after payments (no supervision required)
- Review all Order Request/Purchase Orders for proper coding and budget adequacy before approval. (no supervision required)
- In liaison with the Logistics department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
- Review Budget Follow Up/Transaction details for Mubi office in coordination with the relevant program managers to ensure postings are done correctly, over spending’s are rebooked on a monthly basis. Budget monitoring Status report to be submitted to Head of Base within seven working days from receipt of BFU/TDL (Support/Supervision from Finance Manager, Head of Base, Program/Project Managers)
- Review project work plan against finance forecast in coordination with the program staff on a quarterly basis. (Training/Support/Supervision from Finance Manager, Head of Base, field office finance staff, Program/Project Managers)
- Compile and Prepare the finance details (analyse expenditure progress) for Mubi office for Quarterly/Annual review meetings. (Training/Support/Supervision from Finance Manager, Head of Base, field office finance staff, Program/Project Managers)
- Assist the Head of Base on budget preparations (Training from Finance Manager)
- The focal point for Finance in the office
- Serve as a technical resource person for the Finance department.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports as required by Finance Manager/management as and when required.
- Assist in budget preparation at the field level.
- Report to the Finance Manager any irregularities that occur within the DRC office, staff compound and sites on DRC policy and procedures.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director/Finance Manager/RO and HQ.
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.