The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Technical Assistant
Webcruiter ID: 4255034311
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Reports to: The Field Office Coordinator
Full Time / Part-time: Full-time
Employment Type: Contract
- NRC is looking for a Finance Technical Assistant for our field office in Dikwa, Borno State, Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Finance Technical Assistant is to support program activities in Dikwa.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that cash is kept properly, payment process and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor and the authorities requirements
- Make sure that daily cash counts are maintained.
- Make sure the posting of transactions is done on a daily basis.
- Make sure payments are processed on time
- Be responsible for bank transactions in line with NRC policy and procedures;
- Posting of income and cost into bank cash boxes i.e. USD and NGN daily basis.
- Be the focal person between Area Office and Field office in regard to funds transfer requests and other payments through the bank.
- Ensure timely clearance of field office cash box.
- Be responsible for the release of payment to contractors & other payments as stipulated in the contract/agreement(s) & in line with NRC policies and procedures.
- Ensure control for the prevention of waste, fraud, and mismanagement before processing the payments.