Location: Gbagada, Lagos
- We are currently looking for a Financial Accountant who would handle statutory reporting for the organization; working to ensure accurate, timely, efficient, compliant statutory reporting processes as well as preparation of financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Statements of Equity and Notes) according to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and local laws.
- Coordination of all finance and accounting processes designed to ensure profitability, manage growth and ensure compliance with financial requirements.
- Managing the financial reporting for the organisation. This includes monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, financial plans and all statutory financial reporting
- Managing and overseeing the cash flow of the company and ensuring it has the appropriate treasury controls
- Managing the External Auditor relationship and ensuring the organisation is compliant with accounting and auditing standards
- Overseeing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax, Treasury, Payroll, Financial and Management Accounting functions.
- Risk management implementation and monitoring to ensure the business has a solid risk framework in place
- Advising and implementing best practice methods to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Managing and tracking budget and accounting information including billing, collections, and tax information
- Leads compliance with the business’s internal corporate framework policies and finance manuals.
- Ensures that there is consistency in procedures and policies across the accounting department and that these policies are appropriately set for the achievement of the business’s overall goals and objectives.
- Work with departmental heads across the business in supporting their financial activities, guiding them through the financial process, and interpreting the progress, implications of financial outcomes.
- Supervises end-of-period processes and supports the analysis of periodical business performance, budgets, and forecasts.
- Prepare and manage the analysis & interpretation of financial and budgetary reports, as well as coordination & preparation of monthly forecasts and financial performance analysis.
- In conjunction with the Managing Director, ensure focused implementation of capital-raising strategies to support expansion plans.
- Support the implementation and / or updating of the organization’s strategic plan in a way that advances the company’s mission and objectives and promotes revenue enhancement and company profitability.
- Make recommendations for systems improvements across the finance department and oversees the implementation of approved changes across the department upon approval.
- Coaching and developing the Financial Accounts team.