George Houston Resources Limited - Our client in the fabricated steel manufacturing sector is seeking an experienced candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Financial/Cost Accountant
- The Financial/Cost accountant’s responsibility will entail overseeing and analyzing cost expenditures and purchases within the organization.
- The cost accountant will review existing purchases and recommend new cost-efficient and financially feasible options, and oversee purchasing costs.
- Carry out detail analyses of production cost (raw material, machine hour, man hour) and monitor same to ensure all cost or expenditure are captured and properly recorded.
- Check all finished products or work in progress to determine actual production cost and report any detected variance to the management for appropriate decision.
- Accurate prediction of relevant costs and time line for delivery of products to clients/customers.
- Carry out regular market survey to determine the local and international materials cost and advise management appropriately e.t.c.
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System.
- Assisting in Month end close of General Ledger.
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program.
- Reconciles finished goods inventories.