Heartland Alliance LTD / GTE (HA) is an indigenous non-governmental organization established to address the human rights needs of vulnerable persons in the society.
We seek to employ qualified candidates to fill the position below with expertise and knowledge of sound financial management and reporting system essential to enable successful achievement of program objectives:
JobTitle: Financial Management Consultant (Team Lead)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 2 months
Scope of Work
The successful Consultants will assist Heartland Alliance LTD / GTE to:
- Design and implement an appropriate financial management and reporting system, procedures and internal controls to properly account, manage and report on the programs funds, expenditures and assets.
- Assist with development of appropriate program specific chart of accounts and set up of QuickBooks Accounting Software.
- Setup the centralized chart of accounts in cloud.
- Train Heartland Alliance LTD / GTE staff and on the use of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Provide On-site and off-site support during initial period of implementation.
- Support the initial set up of a long term secure user-friendly financial management and reporting system that will facilitate expenditure analysis
- The Team will also be required to:
- Support the purchase and installation of the agreed computerized accounting application and tailored to meet the needs of Heartland Alliance LTD / GTE requirements. This will involve, but not be limited to, developing the chart of accounts, defining the accounts and records to be maintained, developing reporting formats for both operational requirements and financial management reporting, establishing appropriate security of system access, accounts and records, back up processes. Relevant application licenses will be registered in the name of the Heartland Alliance LTD / GTE and must include suitable and appropriate support arrangements for problem solving and future system upgrades.
- Establish appropriate documentation retention and storage arrangements relating to financial transactions.
- Undertake training of Heartland Alliance LTD / GTE staff and key staff of its sub-award partners in the operation, administration and maintenance of the computerized accounting system.
The Consultant is required to deliver the following:
- Carry out the scope of work itemized above.
- Prepare a final report summarizing the outcomes of the consultancy and making recommendations on future developments (as necessary) considered desirable.
- Provide support services after installation of the system
Commencement and Duration of the Consultancy:
- The consultancy is planned to commence in February 2020.
- The consultants will report directly to Controller, who will provide administrative support, and all relevant documents needed.