International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Job Title: Food Distributor
Locations: Maiduguri and Damboa, Borno
- The selected candidate(s) will work as part of the core team implementing daily food distribution and all activities at food distribution points during the General Food Distribution to IDPs and host communities and Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program (BSFP) for vulnerable children and Pregnant and Lactating women in the State.
Implementation of Programs Activities:
- Work with M&E and data clerks to conduct beneficiary registration and update the registry with new arrivals and exits
- Compile and timely submit the food requests to WFP logistics and program unit,
- Conduct beneficiary sensitization on- food rations, distribution days, distribution points, beneficiary rights, etc
- Maintain open line of communication with the beneficiaries to obtain feedback, complaints
- Conduct beneficiary verification, validation and registration on distribution days
- Identify and prioritize vulnerable people on distribution days
- Update and reconcile stock issues against the distribution list for every distribution
- Work with the team to maintain a log of feedback, complaints and corrective actions.
- Disseminate findings from PDM
- Coordinate the food committee and SEMA/NEMA officials in the implementation of activities
- Work with the security manager to ensure effective crowd control and safety of beneficiaries and staff
- Work with team leaders to organize vehicles and materials required for food distribution
- Timely report to the team leaders about food received, suspected or confirmed losses or damages
- Supervise and coordinate with the casual workers, transporters and other team members to ensure effective distribution, safety and no losses of commodity
- Plan and carry out MUAC screenings at BSFP
- Ensure proper referral of cases between the BSFP and other components of CMAM.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.