EDLP Nigeria Limited is a food retail company operating a discount supermarket with the aim of offering the Nigerian consumer good quality groceries at low prices. We make it our priority to operate a low cost business model to ensure low and fair prices for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Responsibilities & Tasks
Reception / Front desk:
- Opens the door to the organization in the morning and closes the door at the end of the day
- Manages the key organization (who has which key to which office) with an up-to-date administration
- Receives and welcomes all guests to the office in a friendly and heartily way
- Ensures the front office reception is well organized
- Answers and directs phone calls to the respective staff in a friendly way
- Makes calls and records messages for the respective staff as requested
- Answers incoming enquiries by phone and email with a friendly tone and a correct attitude
- Issues pass and signs in visitors to the office
- Directs visitors to the appropriate destination i.e. meeting/board room or a particular office room
- Discharges visitors who are leaving the office
- Monitors the wearing of the JARA badge by the office people
- Ensures regular cleaning of the office by the cleaners and proper maintenance of the work environment.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date staff contact lists
- Receives, sorts and directs all incoming and outgoing mails to the company
- Dispatches incoming mails to the contact points promptly
- Photocopies and collates paper and mailings
- Ensures all office equipment is in good working order
- Organizes stationery orders, office supplies and ensures there is sufficient stock without overstocking
- Makes necessary arrangements for the procurement of consumable water, beverages, coffees, etc.
- Generates list for the requirements, and orders the needs after approval of the Head of Legal & HR
- Gives notification to the Head of Legal & HR for re-stocking once the level is low
- Follows up on orders to ensure timely delivery
- Carries out periodic market surveys to ensure reasonable quote from vendors and maintains appropriate company registers
- Reconciles monthly utility statements
- Ensures proper liaison with the IT support service to ensure a continuous management of the office
- Ensures timely announcement of staff members birthdays and other events.