Plan International was founded over 75 years ago with a mission to promote and protect the rights of children. The organisation was set up by British journalist John Langdon-Davies and refugee worker Eric Muggeridge in 1937, with the original aim to provide food, accommodation and education to children whose lives had been disrupted by the Spanish Civil War. Langdon-Davies conceived the idea of a personal relationship between a child and a sponsor - a model that puts the child at the centre, and remains the core of what we do. Today, Plan International is a global organisation that is active in over 70 countries to advance children's rights and equality for girls. Who We Are We work with communities around the world to end the cycle of poverty for children. We work with communities around the world to end the cycle of poverty for children. Founded over 70 years ago, Plan is a nearly $800 million organization often ranked among the top 10 international development agencies by reputation, size and scope. We work side-by-side with communities in 50 developing countries to end the cycle of poverty for children, developing solutions to ensure long-term sustainability. Our level of community engagement, long-term outlook and constant focus on the needs and priorities of children is unique among international development organizations. Our solutions are designed up-front to be owned by communities for generations to come and range from clean water and health care programs, to education projects and child protection initiatives. Community by community, Plan works to promise futures that are worthy of all children’s potential. Our Vision Our vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people's rights and dignity. Our Mission Plan strives to achieve lasting improvements in the quality of life of vulnerable children in developing countries by: Enabling children, their families and their communities to meet basic needs and to increase their ability to participate in and benefit from their societies; Fostering relationships to increase understanding and unity among peoples of different cultures and countries; and Promoting the rights and interests of the world’s children.
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
Job Field: Administration / Secretarial , Customer Care
- To ensure that communication between Plan Nigeria and its customers both internal and external are conducted in a smooth and professional manner.
- To receive Plan International Nigeria’s visitors and coordinate visits to staff within the office premises.
Dimensions of the Role
- Interface between Plan International Nigeria and the public
- All Plan staff
- Custodian of Petty cash funds
- Processing of mails
- Coordinate and organization of the reception of Plan International Nigeria
- Area of Responsibility – Country Office
- Handle all incoming and outgoing calls in a professional manner
- Ensure that the front office/reception hall is kept clean and managed in a professional manner.
- Receive visitors and directing them appropriately
- Receive mails and parcels and ensure that they are appropriately dispatched without delay.
- Register all incoming and outgoing calls and mails, and other correspondence
- Assist in the provision of logistical support for all meetings, workshops
- Develop a rating system for mails received for the CD to enable easy retrieval;
- Management of Petty cash funds disbursement and Replenishing petty cash to ensure cash balances are not exhausted.
- Receives Cash and raises receipts (ensure all documents are signed)
- Prepare Bank Deposit Slips and forwards deposit slip and receipts to the finance department
- Delivers/releases cheque to payee (Vendors or service providers)
- Receive and deliver all applications for recruitment purposes;
- Provide an interface between correspondences from other organizations and Plan Nigeria
- Support in purchase requisition creation and maintenance in SAP
- Effect any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Admin Coordinator
- Carry out other duties assigned by his/her supervisor