Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FSL Coordinator
Job number: SRH03519
Location: Maiduguri with regular field visits in Monguno and Ngala
Contract Type: Short term contract
Desired Start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 1 year
About the Mission in Nigeria
The current political and military crisis has affected millions of lives in Nigeria and SI is answering the needs of displaced populations and host communities in Borno State. The targeted areas of intervention are WASH, shelter, logistics, food security and livelihood. Seven programs are currently running:
- Multi-sectorial project over 3 years in Monguno, Ngala, Askira/Uba and Hawul in consortium with ALIMA and funded by EuropeAid
- Logistic Platform project funded by WFP in Monguno
- Emergency WASH and Shelter response funded by OFDA in Maiduguri, Monguno, Dikwa, Ngala
- Emergency WASH in Health funded by ECHO - in consortium with ALIMA in Maiduguri and Monguno
- Emergency WASH funded by ECHO in Maiduguri, Monguno and Dikwa
- WASH response for vulnerable IDPs and host communities in Dikwa funded by CDC
- Emergency WASH response for new onset manmade disaster in Ngala funded by NHF
- This mission has potential to continue developing relevant and mandate-based interventions to cover the needs in the area and to ensure humanitarian impact. The teams are well staffed with very diverse profiles.
Here are the key numbers about the mission:
- 5 bases (Maiduguri, Abuja, Dikwa, Ngala and Monguno) plus Coordination Office in Maiduguri.
- The number of expatriates is around 20
- The national staff are approximately 200
- The total budget of the mission is around 7,5 million euros
About the Job
- The FSL coordinator will be dedicated to the multi-sectorial project funded by EuropeAid. This project is planned over 3 years and has started in January 2018. SI is working in consortium with ALIMA who is lead on the partnership.
- The FSL coordinator, based in Maiduguri, will be directly coordinating activities in two different areas: Monguno and Ngala.
General Objective of the FSL Coordinator:
- The FSL Coordinator will be in charge of ensuring that the objectives defined in the proposal are met
- He/she will guarantee the quality of the implemented program and suggests adjustments or developments to insure its relevance if applicable
- He/she is in charge of representing SI in the Coordination Mechanism linked to the project, and coordinating with the other partners to ensure the relevancy of the project
- He/she is in charge of proposal development, reporting and communication
- He/she is in charge of strategy, coordination, assessment and development of FSL strategy
- He/she is the FSL referent on the mission
The main challenges of this position:
- Participation in the strategic orientation of SI in the country and support the identification of uncovered needs and provision of risk analyses
- Support the harmonization of programmatic tools and guidelines across the teams and the bases
- Ensure strong external coordination with our consortium partner (ALIMA) and with E.U partners
- Facilitate the coordination with the authorities (3R Commissioner and Technical Line ministries)
- Enhance collaboration with MEAL & WASH departments as well as other departments
- Support strategic orientation for a smooth transitioning between emergency and post-crises context
- Support and define the reorientation of the project when necessary using the flexibility clause
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Support the consolidation, definition or redefinition of operational strategy and modality of intervention through the form of comprehensive guideline and/or activity sheets
- Consolidate the approach and strategy for the targeting of new area of implementation and review the appropriateness of beneficiaries’ coverage per area and per activities.
- Follow-up SI coordination with line ministries and facilitate with ALIMA the coordination with the 3R
- Support and follow up the reorientation of some activities/location