Kishimi Shelter and Care Foundation was established in May 2008 is a non-government, non-profitable organization, located in Gombe State.
Job Ttle: Gender & Child Welfare Officer
Location: Gombe , Balanga LGA
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Scope of Role
This is a partner staff role. The staff will be engaged and paid by SCI partners, and reports to the partner’s Project Team Lead in Gombe state.
The Gender and Child Welfare Officer with the support of the Gender Equality Advisor and the state team is responsible for supporting the integration of a strong gender equality perspective
on the “Reaching and Empowering Adolescents to make Informed Choices for their Health” (REACH) project at the community level while also looking at child safeguarding and participation. This may include ensuring that gender equality is mainstreamed at the community and partner level throughout the project’s results based management frameworks, strengthening and supporting gender equality strategies and facilitating gender equality capacity strengthening for field teams via training and tool development. The post holder also provides technical support to the REACH project on gender equality at the community level. Additionally, as part of this role, the Gender child welfare officer will work
closely with the Save the Children REACH team in the state.
Key Areas of Accountability:
As a member of the REACH Project team, the Gender and child welfare officer will:
Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with the partner’s Mission, Vision and Values and ensure their broader application by staff across the programme.
Contribute to a conducive and productive work environment in a way that promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high quality technical assistance to local government REACH program delivery team, building a solid evidence base to support the development implementation and evaluation of
- gender-transformative approaches
- Lead on planning and implementation of feedback mechanisms with leaders, communities and beneficiaries
- Be responsible for the strengthening and coordination of complain and response mechanism (CRM) activities
- Supports REACH community program staff to strategically integrate gender equality through training and knowledge sharing activities.
- Supports integration and collection of appropriate gender equality indicators and collaborates to monitor and evaluate to ensure that gender equality outcomes and results are achieved and
- Support in the development of social and behavior change communication approaches, materials and tools.
- Support REACH program teams to review project deliverables and donor reports from a technical quality control perspective
- Creates high quality narrative reports and documents that are complete and timely.
- Supports the development and roll out of gender sensitive program/project management tools and results-based frameworks.