Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with extensive experience managing successful health focused projects on the African continent and around the world. Banyan Global is currently recruiting a Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor for work under an anticipated USAID-funded Health Workforce Management Activity in Nigeria. The project seeks to support the establishment of a cost-effective, well-trained and motivated health workforce, particularly in the Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory. The Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor will lead efforts to ensure that gender and social inclusion considerations are effectively incorporated throughout project activities.
· Provide technical leadership, guidance, and oversight related to gender equality, women’s empowerment and social inclusion within the scope of the project;
· Support the implementation of interventions that promote the participation of women, youth and disadvantaged groups in access to and provision of health services;
· Design and deliver training and capacity building on gender equality and social inclusion for project staff, private sector partners, government stakeholders, etc. as required;
· Support the preparation and execution of a project-level gender analysis and development of a strategy for integrating gender equality and social inclusion into various health systems;
· Advise project team members on the integration of gender equality and social inclusion into health system assessments, SBCC campaigns, capacity building activities, policies and regulations, and health system strengthening activities;
· In collaboration with the M&E team, develop indicators and methodologies for tracking changes in key areas relevant to gender and social inclusion;
· Develop work plans, activity reports, and other written deliverables for the project in cooperation with Banyan Global management;
· Contribute to developing content and communications materials to support knowledge management efforts related to gender and social inclusion.