Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is a non-profit international development organization based in Washington, DC. CNFA's mission is to increase and sustain rural incomes in less developed areas of the world by assisting farmers and rural entrepreneurs.
CALL FOR GENDER AND YOUTH INCLUSION SPECIALISTS
The five-year USAID Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity aims to strengthen the enabling environment for agribusiness finance and investment. To achieve this goal, the Activity focuses on four interrelated components: (i) improving the enabling environment for agricultural sector growth; (ii) broadening access to finance by mitigating the credit risks of agribusinesses; (iii) promoting and facilitating investment opportunities for agribusinesses to expand and scale up operations; and (iv) sustainably enhancing the performance of agribusiness micro, small and medium size enterprises (MSMEs). In line with the U.S. and Nigerian governments’ commitment to growing the non-oil-based economy, these efforts will increase the depth, breadth, dynamism, and competitiveness of Nigeria’s agribusiness sector.
The Agribusiness Investment Activity (the Activity) is seeking a Gender and Youth Specialist to provide periodic and ongoing support to gender and youth mainstreaming and monitoring interventions over the course of the Activity’s implementation. Reporting to the COP, the Consultant will support the Activity’s programmatic efforts by implementing, refining, monitoring and generating lessons learned from an existing gender and youth integration methodology and action plan that aims to effectively engage women, youth and other vulnerable groups. The purpose of this call for experts is to develop a roster of qualified gender and youth specialists to support the Activity as and when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Refining, updating and supporting implementation of the approved “Integration Plan for Gender and Youth.”
- Developing programmatic materials and conducting trainings as outlined in the Plan.
- Identifying policy, legal or regulatory constraints that present challenges to or opportunities for gender, youth, and other vulnerable groups.
- Identifying opportunities for the Activity’s Policy Reform Unit to address these areas in collaboration with the public and/or private sector.
- Related to the above, soliciting ideas for gender- and youth-related Public Private Dialogues (PPDs), called for by the public sector, focused on achieving tangible policy recommendations.
- Developing recommendations on how constraints affecting gender, youth, and other vulnerable groups can be addressed within the Activity’s three components; improving the ease of doing agribusiness; broadening access to financing; and facilitating investment promotion.
- Supporting monitoring, evaluation and learning activities as related to the Integration Plan for Gender and Youth.
- Performing other duties related to this assignment as requested by the COP or his designate as needed.