Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for - and respond to - crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Gender Based Violence Officer
Locations: Maiduguri and Yobe
Slot: 3 Openings
- The purpose of this role is to coordinate and support all Gender Based Violence Case Management related activities.
- The post holder will supervise a team of 9 Case Workers based in Mongono, Dikwa and Bama LGAs of Borno and will ensure Plan International GBV Case Management support to S/GBV survivors meets the inter-agency guidelines for case management and the minimum standards for child protection and Gender Based Violence in humanitarian actions.
- The GBV Officer will be supervised directly by the Gender Coordinator and technically supervised by the CPiE Specialist.
Dimension of Role
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and with partners and related government institutions.
- The post holder will manage Plan International GBV Case Management activities interfacing with other programme team members.
- The post holder will also contribute towards the capacity building of Plan Internationals implementing partners and community volunteers including stakeholders at LGA and community level.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Field Team, Gender Coordinator and CPiE Specialist, the GBV Officer will be responsible:
- To ensure GBV survivors including child survivors and those at risk of GBV are identified and receive individual case management support by ensuring standard tools and procedures are in place and adhered to by case management team members.
- To manage, provide training and technical support to, and build the capacity of the full case management team.
- To coordinate with other GBV service providers on case management.
Staff Supervision & Development:
- Directly supervises Case Workers
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of regular program and staff reporting and annual performance reviews, as appropriate
- Assist with the recruitment of Case Workers.
- Ensure training, support and ongoing capacity building opportunities for Case Workers
- Provide evaluations on Case Workers performance in accordance with Plan Policies and Guidelines.
- Ensure that all Plan policies are upheld, as well as Emergency Gender Based Violence Guidelines, Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action, GBV Case Management Standard Operating Procedure and Core Humanitarian Standards.