MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Title: General Manager, Revenue Assurance
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 12 - 15 years
Job Field: Administration / Secretarial
- To lead and manage all activities of the revenue assurance function of MTN Nigeria as a Centre of excellence; including subscriber fraud and analytics on multiple technologies platforms and services.
- Drive an increase in Shareholders return by ensuring that Finance Processes are aligned to achieving all elements on the financial component of the business scorecard. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Plan and execute medium to long-term projects to enhance revenue assurance operations and identify new revenue opportunities, ensuring compliance with corporate governance procedures and RA strategies.
- Implement and manage Revenue Assurance maturity model from level 3 to 5 and continuously assess and review RA risk maturity model in line with best practice in industry.
- Proactively identify risks related to fraud and revenue assurance and continuously modify long and short-term strategies.
- Oversee the management of fraud-related issues around subscriber registrations, phone registrations and EIR and provide security information and reports for security institutions.
- Champion/Sponsor the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, business optimization etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Champion Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Assess resource requirements for the department, develop budget for the Revenue Assurance function, and regularly monitor resources of the department ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Oversee Revenue related activities of new business ventures, projects and Group initiatives, ensuring protection of topline Revenue numbers.
- Monitor changes in regulations and technology that may affect revenue assurance functions in MTNN and ensure revenue leakage is minimized.
- Regularly monitor and review resources of the department ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provision.
- Partner effectively with MTNN’s critical high value customers to enhance MTN’s Corporate Brand
- Improve MTNN’s Net Promoters Score
- Develop strategies and champion customer centric culture across the organization and develop/reform relationships with MTNN’s internal and external customers to protect, assure and improve MTNN’s revenue.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group, Group RA and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Identify trends in technology and telecoms and transpose required revenue assurance/control solutions into corporate strategies; provide business intelligence to drive revenue-related strategic decision-making.
- Provide visibility and management feedback on all revenue related issues and manage the production of audit committee reports on fraud and revenue actions, strategy and loss for MTN Nigeria, ensuring compliance with all deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance of all internal functions with revenue management policies and practices and ensure marketing promotional campaign e.g. CLM are delivered seamlessly and timely.
- Provide effective monitoring and assurance within a limited budget and initiate creative ways of delivering business intelligence on a continuous and timely basis.
- Provide technical leadership /advice in the formulation and development of revenue assurance framework, policies/guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTN policies and procedures.
- Proactively manage and enhance the tools used by the department, e.g. FMS, RA system, ACL, Antispam, etc. to maximize benefits for MTNN and Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Oversee the development and management of the legal intercept policy and processes in line with legislative requirements.
- Assure the business during upgrades and newly developed products, hardware and software integration, provide assurance on revenue reported in financials and execute post implementation review of external audit recommendations.
- Provide technical leadership /advice in the formulation and development of Revenue Assurance framework, policies/guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTN policies and procedures.
- Track business trends and potential changes to the Group’s and/or Company’s business operating model(s) and determine the implications for Revenue Assurance activities.
- Lead and collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Work collaboratively with IT, Networks, Customer Operations, Marketing and other groups to influence the development and integration of systems, products and processes in line with RA recommendations and good practice
- Interact with MTN’s audit committee, internal and external audit functions to achieve adequate composition and implementation of standards and policies. Interface with MTN departments and external partners (governmental authorities and third party Partners).
- Build relationships and network with key suppliers, stakeholders and users ; and reduce country wide incidence of costs and wastage with more efficient procurement
- Deliver business value through partnership with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Provide leadership and direction in the operations, leading team to deliver on respective business targets and improve overall performance of the department.
- Coach and mentor the revenue assurance team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development.
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of staff within the department, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company's investment in their training and improve productivity.