The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Jos Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Generalist Field Officer 1
Location: Jos, Plateau, Kano
- Contributes to the monitoring of the security situation, identification of risks and expanding ICRC network in Plateau, Benue, Nasarawa and Taraba States.
- Contributes to the implementation, or at times directly implements, and follow-up of various field activities, in accordance with the sub-delegation strategy and objectives.
- Monitors the humanitarian, security, socio-economic, cultural and political environments relevant to the ICRC, sharing relevant information with colleagues and reports any changes in the situation as per the structure's flow of communication.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information in relation to the activities and contributes to written reporting.
- Facilitates and contributes to the work of the delegates and other colleagues, either internally or externally (internal or external meetings with authorities at local level, briefings on ICRC field activities, etc.).
- Contributes to the development of the structure's network or of own network of contacts with local stakeholders.
- Participates to field missions, which can at times be carried out independently.
- Represent the ICRC in different forums and to different interlocutors sometimes independently.
- May ensure administrative and financial follow up after field missions