Tsebo Rapid Nigeria Limited is a leading facilities services provider in Nigeria. Originally founded in 2011 as Rapid Facilities Management Limited, we quickly established a reputation for partnering with corporate clients, delivering high quality, cost-effective & transparent facilities solutions to international standards. In 2014 we approached Tsebo Group in South Africa for a technical partnership which has evolved into a merger with Africa’s No 1 Outsourced Services provider.
We are currently looking to fill the position of:
Job Title: Generator Electrical Technician
- The Generator Electrical Technician is responsible for performing a variety of skilled and technical electrical tasks in the inspection, repair, preventive, corrective maintenance and modification on Internal Combustion (IC) engines, diesel generators, and other IC gaseous engines.
- Perform electrical repairs and services on all makes and models of generator sets.
- Carry out electrical inspections, repairs, services and start-up load bank test requirements on equipment.
- Troubleshooting equipment and servicing generator components including alternators, wiring harnesses safety devices, shutdown switches, and battery systems.
- Ability to perform mechanical work on generator (Servicing and replacement of parts) .
- Apply proper engine technical skills in inspection, disassembly, failure analysis, assembly, diagnosis, and engine operating performance tests.
- Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps, determine corrective action through inspection of failed parts.
- Repair and troubleshooting engines such as Cummins, Detroit Diesel, John Deere, MTU and Volvo.
- Must be able to diagnose the Main alternator (dynamo) to a reasonable extents and fix of components, as well as the ability to rewind coils.
- Coordinate with supervisor and team members in regard to the efficient maintenance and operation of the all equipment and in the preparation of all reports.