Graceco Limited is a food processing and manufacturing company with specialty in consumer goods and the production of input for bakers and the confectionery industries. Graceco is a leader in confectioneries and bakers’ items. Our success is powered by our world-class team of highly engaged and committed staff.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Generator Operator
Reports To: Maintenance Coordinator
- Job location: The position is located at Alagbado Lagos, Nigeria.
- Working time is normally between 7:30am-5pm Mondays to Fridays. 8:30am -3pm on Saturdays
- The Generator Technician performs a variety of skilled and technical tasks in the inspection, repair, preventive, and corrective maintenance and modification on Internal Combustion (IC) engines, diesel generators, and other IC gaseous engines; tests, replaces or adjusts engine components such as valves, pistons, bearings, emissions systems, and other related systems; and, interprets schematic wiring etc.
- Perform repairs and services on all makes and models of generator sets.
- Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps, determine corrective action through inspection of failed parts.
- Apply proper engine technical skills in inspection, disassembly, failure analysis, assembly, diagnosis, and engine operating performance tests.
- Troubleshooting equipment and servicing generator components including alternators, wiring harnesses safety devices, shutdown switches, and battery systems.
- Inspections, repairs, services and start-up load bank test requirements on equipment.
- Conduct automatic and manual transfer tests of simulated power outages to ensure generators are functioning properly.
- Test batteries, fuel coolant, and oil; ship oil samples for analysis.
- Transport and dispose hazardous materials.
- Perform load testing on units to identify possible problems and prevent wet stacking.
- Basic electrical, mechanical, thermal, and hydraulic principles and practices.
- Follow electrical and mechanical safety procedures.
- Lockout/tagout Procedures.
- Appropriate electrical and mechanical personal protective equipment (PPE).
- IC Diesel and other gaseous IC engines.
- Technique in tracking, transporting, and disposing hazardous materials.
- Rigging standards and principles of safe and efficient methods for handling heavy objects.
- Computer technology.