Bridge International Academies is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing ed-tech organisation. With investors such as Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg, we’ve built more than 500 schools to serve 100,000 pupils in Kenya, Uganda Nigeria, Liberia and India. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement.
The Bridge Offer
With plans to enrol ten million students ten years from now, Bridge International Academies offers a tremendous opportunity to grow with one of the world’s most exciting, ambitious, and socially conscious organisations, with leadership roles available across a number of competencies and geographies.
About the Role
At Bridge, we aim to make life-changing education to every child in every corner of the world. To do this, we need to open schools in every corner of the planet.
That’s where you come in.
You will design the tools, processes and general systems to launch new Bridge International Academies and Bridge Partnership Schools starting from the day we break ground on building a new location and continuing through the first month we’re open. You answer questions like – how to we identify and engage key stakeholders in our communities, what is our community and parent outreach strategy in a particular country or region, how do we recruit top quality teachers and school leaders and how do we get the most children into our schools from the very start?
This is an incredibly important role. Historically, we have seen that the number of pupils we admit during our launch window has a significant impact on the number of pupils we serve even two years later – that means more children benefitting for a life-changing education and the opportunities that follow on day one as well as years later. You will require to be based out of any of our operating markets for this role.
How We Work
Bridge is a collective of leaders. We expect each person to drive and own their work. In your role, you’ll be expected to own the strategic vision of your team and to develop and execute projects that create measurable impact. When you start at Bridge, you’ll receive a lot of support with the expectation that eventually you will become fairly independent.
What You Will Do
- Set the global vision, strategy, overall research and design approach, budget, and timelines for the School Launch department.
- Lead human centered research, design, piloting, and iteration to strategically develop systems, processes, tools, and other interventions to community influencer identification, teacher and school leader recruitment, prospective parent outreach, and pupil admissions.
- We design all interventions for scale. Regardless of type, we need to work with extreme efficiency and standardization, yet offer some flexibility per community, at scale
- Think end-to-end. Solutions can come in the form of improving recruiting of our Bridge Ambassadors, providing better training and professional development, creating new systems and tools, developing accountability measures, or any other part of the school launch process
- Collaborate with the Schools teams in all operational countries as well as global Academics, Operations, Technology, and Schools Management departments