BitPesa is a pan-African platform redefining how businesses make payments to and from sub-Saharan Africa. Focused on using cutting-edge blockchain technology to increase efficiency across markets, BitPesa opens corridors for business payments and trade between Africa and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Infrastructure Manager - Banking & Payment
Location: Can be in Nairobi - Kenya, Dakar - Senegal, Lagos - Nigeria, London - England or Madrid - Spain
- BitPesa is seeking a driven individual with an interest in building alternative financial infrastructure for frontier markets, hyper-organized and result-oriented to manage a fast-growing team of operations associates.
- Working under the guidance of the Head of Strategic Growth, the Global Infrastructure Manager - Banking & Payment is responsible to manage a team of operations associates to achieve company metrics of revenue, cost of sales, customer satisfaction & operational efficiency by working closely with banks/payment processor in the country or region assigned to and internal teams (Product, Engineering, Legal, Compliance, Sales, Finance and Treasury)
Key Performance Indicators:
- Projects delivered in time to unlock revenue potential and improve customer satisfaction & operational efficiency
- Cost of sales (fees to banks / payment processors / telcos)
- Team talent metrics (talent hiring, on-boarding, performance, retention etc.).
- Acquire / Nurture / Maintain strong relationships with global and regional banks / telcos / payment processors to optimize and expand our global payment infrastructure
- Build global roadmap of infrastructure maintenance, optimization and expansion projects in alignment with revenue, cost of sales, customer satisfaction and operational efficiency metrics
- Manage a team of 3-5 operations associates to build their own country / regional roadmap and execute end-to-end projects
- Build monitoring systems to identify risks and ensure accountable delivery across different jurisdictions
- Analysing data and searching for new features to constantly improve our payments product offering
- Work closely with internal senior leadership of Product, Engineering, Legal, Compliance, Sales, Finance and Treasury