The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job ref.: 27/19 LOS (DIT)
Start Date: 1 September 2019
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Type of Position: Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Job Subcategory: Department for International Trade (DIT)
Job Category : Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Main Purpose of Job
- Provide administrative support for the West Africa Trade Service Manager and the corresponding wider trade service team; business development, research and analysis; strategic and logistical support for the team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research: help in the formulation of market studies for British companies and the online management of customers.
- Maintenance of the team’s project database, and assistance in the identification of new contractual opportunities for British businesses.
- Event coordination: support in the organisation of official events and visits, including the preparation of agendas and invitations, arrangement of meetings, coordination of guests at events, and all related logistic activities.
- Relations with stakeholders: develop and maintain contact with local (private and public) stakeholders, keeping record of all activities in the team’s databases.
- Any other related task that might be required as part of the Trade Service activities.