Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Assistant
Ref Id: GRANT01729
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-Time
- The Grants Assistant will support the Grant Officer’s and Lead Grants Manager with the oversight of all grants activities, including ensuring efficient and proper controls for USAID grant compliance and reporting; coordinating training and grants administration with grantees; and review and submission of financial reports as required for each grant.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Grants Assistant will report to the Lead Grants Manager.
- Assist in reviewing sub-grantees’ liquidation and financial reports and provide summaries to the project’s Grants Manager on a monthly basis;
- Implement procedures and templates to be used for formulating, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and closing grants according to USAID regulations and the project’s Grants Manual;
- Assist in monitoring grantees to ensure compliance with USAID regulations, Grants Manual and the content of sub-agreement;
- Responsible for maintaining grant files and ensuring they stay up-to-date;
- Support project audits, grantor’s audit, or monitoring visits.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining Creative’s online System for the Management of Activities, Reporting and Tracking (SMART) for sub-grantees;
- Provide mentoring support to strengthen and improve sub-grantees’ management capacity for improved performance; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.