Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc. (MUTUAL), has evolved into a conglomerate consisting of value-adding companies with diverse interests in various sectors of the Nigerian economy through investments, strategic alliances and partnerships. Today, MUTUAL is a leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance industry and well-capitalized with a team of highly trained professionals, a respectable Board and access to the International Insurance Market.MUTUAL is the flagship of insurance in Liberia and also runs a full-fledged insurance operation in Republic of Niger, where we commenced business in January, 2014.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Head, ICT
- Oversee the group ICT system, structure, infrastructure and Digital Transformation process.
- Providing technical leadership, foresight and senior level ICT advice and information to meet needs and guide strategic and operational decision-making of the Board & Management of the firm;
- Management of Company’s digital channels and other software/systems
- Building on, implementing and communicating the firm ’s ICT strategy, operational plan, policies, procedures, systems and tools, ensuring these are tailored and adapted to suit the realities and needs across all levels of the organization;
- Providing training and support for sound ICT management at all levels of the organization;
- Working with relevant departments to monitor compliance with ICT policies and procedures across the organization and providing ICT quality control in all areas of the organization as required;
- Providing a secure and efficient System & Network infrastructure to support the firm’s ICT requirements;
- To Create and keep under review an inspiring, compelling, forward looking and customer-centric vision for ICT within the firm
- To lead, manage, motivate and develop the ICT Team so that they are valued by the organization and able to meet firm’s expectations.
- Shape and drive how technology can enable the strategic priorities of Mutual Benefits businesses.
- Demonstrated ability and proven experience to lead digital initiatives and ways of working.
- Manage the matrix of resources across the team, including virtual project teams, and 3rd party service providers.
- Be a master communicator. Ensuring that business leaders are well informed about how IT can drive their business, any major risk areas, implementation plans, financial impacts etc.
- Drive the adoption of global solutions into the Market, providing relevant feedback to Platform teams to ensure Fit for Purpose solutions.
- Ensure that optimal risk profile of projects and programmes based on business needs.
- Manage new demand for change across the Mutual Benefits businesses.
- Development and management of core business applications and softwares
- Ensure effective management of all Applications, ensuring the applications are maintained in a supported state.
- Attract and develop talent across IT team to be able to work in an agile, collaborative and digital way.
- Coordinates the acceptance, approval and prioritization of development project requests as well as existing system change requirements.
- Formulates and deploys short and long term strategic direction and road map for the organization-wide application systems.
- Develops information technology business plan, effectively manage operational budget with cost prudence.
- Review and implement the Company’s business continuity plan and IT disaster recovery plan and strategies.
- Review, modify and develop software and applications to suite the business needs.