Dangote Cement Plc is the biggest quoted company in West Africa and the first Nigerian company listed among Forbes Global 2000 Companies. The Company currently has several cement production plants in Nigeria in addition to presence in 14 other African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Head of IT, Dangote Cement Plc
- Oversee and coordinate Dangote Cement Group’s Information Technology environment and ensure consistent IT system availability to support the Group’s business operations
- Officer provides vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives. This position directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in accordance with the mission, core values, and demands of the business
- Coordinate the articulation and development of the Dangote Cement Group’s overall IT strategy and ensure alignment with the Group’s strategy, business goals and objectives.
- Establish and drive the implementation of IT policies and procedures that promote and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability and security of corporate data and information.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the IT function’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Oversee the design, implementation and maintenance of the Group’s Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP ERP) system to effectively support business operations.
- Ensure optimal availability and reliability of the Group’s IT systems and support infrastructure to provide accurate and up-to-date business management information.
- Collaborate with business functions and Dangote Cement subsidiaries to identify IT requirements and acquire technology solutions in line with overall corporate and business strategy.
- Develop business case for implementing new IT business solutions aimed at improving the achievement of business objectives and present recommendations to the Group CFO/ Group CIO other relevant stakeholders and obtain necessary approvals as required.
- Provide technical advice on IT upgrades and acquisitions/ investments required for the Group’s operations in line with Group’s strategy.
- Participate in definition and implementation of IT governance frameworks for IT project management, service management, enterprise architecture, information security, quality assurance and service performance management.
- Oversee the design and implementation of a disaster recovery plan and system that ensures timely and continuous system and network availability at all times throughout the Group in conjunction with corporate centre.