Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast growing Software company with a vision to build an enduring organization with an ecosystem of value creators- while delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Product and Platform Manager - Commercial & Operations
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- We are looking for a hands-on Product & Platform Manager – commercial and operations with deep enterprise platform expertise to achieve and deliver Venture Garden Group’s Platform Hold Co status.
- This is an exciting period of rapid growth for the company as we are transitioning from a product focused company to a platform-oriented company where our strategic business units can plug into data analytics and a payment platform, subsequently rolling out to companies within the VGG ecosystem and outside.
- This person should have a wealth of experience in product operations, product and technology strategy, and has a command of scalable architectures. This person thrives in ambiguity and is adept at shepherding value through the organization and into the market.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop a team of product managers.
- Product thought leader on the platform including requirements, prioritization, and the roadmap
- Synthesizing market needs into product requirements and driving alignment with leadership on prioritization for the roadmap
- Leading design sprints and other cross-functional exercises to explore product opportunities
- Owning the product roadmap within a product line, and executing with cross-functional teams to deliver on it
- Collaborating with Marketing, Technology, and Engineering groups to develop and drive product strategy for a product line while ensuring alignment with greater business goals and objectives
- Articulating a compelling product vision and inspiring cross-functional teams to rally around it
- Systematizing and scaling product processes within the Product team and across the organization
- Mentoring and fostering the development of best practices within the Product Management team
- Working across the organization to partner with and support various stakeholders key to delivering product
- Enabling customer-facing teams with product knowledge and direction
- Engaging with customers and lending product thought leadership in support of further product development, customer success, and BD activities
- Owning and managing the product backlog including writing stories, mitigating risk, prioritizing effectively, and unblocking the team
- Enabling highest-leverage work for yourself and others
- Supporting customer audits as a Product SME