NERI is seeking to engage qualified nationals for the following position
Job Title: Guesthouse Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Field: Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
- The Guesthouse Manager will be responsible for the operation of Creative’s guesthouse in Maiduguri town, which hosts periodic USAID and Creative staff members, as well as other NGOs or partners working in the area. Female candidates with relevant experience are strongly advised to apply.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Guesthouse Manager will report to the Administrative Manager based in Abuja. The Guesthouse Manager will directly supervise the guesthouse support staff (cleaner, guards, drivers and service providers etc.). The Guesthouse Manager collaborates closely with USAID Regional Security Officer (RSO) & staff to coordinate USG personnel visits to Maiduguri.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Management of the USAID guesthouse to include Logistics, Administration, Financial accounting and reporting.
- Directly manage and supervise a team of support staff (i.e. receptionist, housekeepers, handy man and laundry man.)
- Daily inspections and accounting for staffing, including staff attendance and compliance of their duties and responsibilities with efficient reporting of staff activity.
- Direct and manage external service provider/vendors hired to perform duties at the GH,
- liaise with all departments in NLCB program and visiting guests to manage GH reservations and payments for accommodation services working in close coordination with the GH receptionist. Process includes efficient book keeping practices and provision of monthly utilization reports
- Manage and direct repairs and maintenance of all aspects of the guesthouse including regular garden maintenance, plumbing, DSAT connectivity, laundry collection service and delivery, cleaning and maintenance of GH and air conditioning units, and that cleaning is performed on all rooms and confines of the GH.
- Provide the GH logistic support services by; Ensuring all NLCB operational policies are followed and compliant at all times; maintaining inventory and coordinating compliance with project and donor policies, support all logistic requirements, office operations and procedures, efficiently manage the filing systems and supply requisitions (stationery, utility payments and petty cash etc.)
- Deliver basic security briefings to any and all guests (prepared by the NLCB security Officer) and ensure that all guests sign the “waiver of liability” contained within the GH Guide upon arrival.
- Ensure communication on details of all guests and vehicles visiting the guest house to the security supervisor onsite prior to their arrival to ensure safe access. And by doing so ensure that no unannounced guests or visitors gain access to the establishment, regardless of their rank, title or organization.
- Ensure that all guests comply with the Guesthouse rules and regulations including the “Guesthouse Guide” at all times and document any non-compliance with Organization SMT and Administrative Manager as soon as noted.
- Ensure the facility is always in good working condition and endeavor to fix or facilitate repairs in good time. this includes regular maintenance of equipment and assets within the Guest house
- Co-ordination and maintenance of systems related to Housekeeping.
- Any and all duties as directed by the Abuja Administration Manager or the Operations Manager.