Breakthrough ACTION is the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) flagship social and behavior change (SBC) project led by Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP). Breakthrough ACTION–Nigeria’s project goal is to increase the practice of priority health behaviors in malaria, maternal, newborn, and child health, including nutrition (MNCH+N), family planning/reproductive health (FP/RH), and tuberculosis (TB) at the national and sub-national levels in collaboration with the relevant USAID implementing partners (IPs). Breakthrough ACTION–Nigeria works with federal and state Ministry of Health programs, departments, and agencies to improve their SBC capacity and coordination.
Job Title: Hausa Translation Consultant
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Field: Art / Crafts / Languages Consultancy
- Translation Services for Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria’s Integrated SBC Mobile Training Curriculum
Background and context:
- In August 2019, Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria conducted classroom training for its Community Volunteers (CV) to deliver social and behaviour change messages in their assigned communities in Bauchi, Kebbi, and Sokoto. Following the classroom training, the CVs have received ongoing mentoring and coaching through supportive supervision visits by LGA supervisors. In order to complement supervision visits and to reinforce the classroom training, the curriculum has been adapted to a Mobile Training Curriculum that will be delivered to CVs through their mobile phones using an Interactive Voice Response approach. Essential course material has been broken into 16 modules, which includes course content and pre- and post-tests to measure how well CVs retained their learnings from the classroom training, and additional learning achieved after participating in the Mobile Training Course.
- The Hausa Translation Consultant will independently undertake the translation of a 31-page (approximately 6,000 words) English document into simple and standard Hausa.
Approach to work:
- The consultant will receive the English documents and work independently to complete the translation on time. The document is divided into 16 modules, and the consultant will submit each module as and when completed for review and feedback.
- The final document in simple and standard Hausa should be in Microsoft Word, and mirror the format of the English document.