Guidance and Counselling Development Association (GCDA) was established in 1994 by group of volunteers with common goal in providing solutions to various problem related to social and health issues encounter by all age groups and sex under the leadership of Late Dr.(Mrs) Hannatu Ibrahim MFR, is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Northeast of Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health, HIV&AIDS prevention, and maternal neonatal and child health.
GCDA works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, National, Foundation and international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in our organization to work on Key population project. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We require competent candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: HCT Counsellor Testers
Ref: REF KA0001
- S/He will Conduct pre and posttest counselling sessions as per counselling protocols, S/He Conduct group information sessions.
- S/He will Provide supportive counselling to clients, Perform rapid HIV tests according to approved HCT protocols, Comply with testing quality assurance procedures, Monitor own stock levels of HIV testing supplies, Keep all client information securely stored Package quality assurance specimens for shipping, Dispose of all hazardous materials according to protocol , Refer clients as per protocol. Mobilise clients on outreach, S/He will ensure client records are well maintained and compile periodic reports as necessary
- S/He will ensure proper referral of patients where necessary including following up and reporting on the outcomes as necessary.
- S/He will coordinate patient tracking activities supported by the community health volunteers including documentation and reporting of defaulter tracing activities.
- Degree or diploma in Social Sciences or Education Diploma or JCHEW or CHEW
- Has had a 10-day core training based on the Nigerian National Guideline on HIV counselling with certificate from recognised HCT counselling course
- Previous experience working with Key population in HIV counselling and testing would be advantageous .
- Must be attuned to and be comfortable with the culture/traditions of the various target populations within the state.
- Excellent listening, and communication skills, training and report writing skills are very important to this position.
- Must show demonstrable willingness and ability to adjust quickly to rapidly changing priorities, multiple demands and complex situations.
- Must possess good knowledge of, and experience with Minimum Prevention package of intervention (MPPI)
- A sound understanding of HIV/AIDS surveys in resource constrained settings. Knowledge, Skills, And Attributes
- Excellent (fluent) English written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of another local dialect will be an added advantage.
- Flexible, willing to travel to any part of the State and work weekends
- during implementation period
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Application Closing Date
3rd September, 2018.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one page Application Letter (using the position reference as subject), addressed to the "GCDA Executive Director", clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address to: email@example.com
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- GCDA is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies